Christina was called to the bar of England and Wales in 2009 and subsequently in Gibraltar in 2010. She joined Cruz & Co in 2009 and became a partner of the firm in November 2017.
Christina is a general practitioner with experience in a variety of areas of law including insolvency, commercial, employment, property and more recently fintech.
Christina has been involved in high value complex insolvency related civil litigation. She has been instructed by leading international and Gibraltar accountancy firms to advise liquidators in respect of local and large multi jurisdictional insolvencies and has appeared as sole counsel and junior counsel on their behalf in a wide range of applications before the Gibraltar Supreme Court and Court of Appeal.
She regularly advises on contentious and non-contentious employment matters and has represented employers as well as employees at the Industrial Tribunal and Gibraltar Supreme Court.
Christina has also undertaken substantial commercial and corporate work including:
- Representing regulated companies on merger & acquisition and capital contribution transactions;
- Representing Banks on security and lending transaction;
- Representing Banks on commercial property transactions and financing;
- Representing local businesses on establishment and licencing.
- Additionally, Christina regularly acts for clients on sales and purchasers of both commercial and residential property and drafts/reviews commercial leases on behalf of landlords and tenants.
- Advising emerging DLT and blockchain start-ups on regulatory and licensing matters a sector that is now seeing substantial external interest in Gibraltar since the decision of the Financial Services Commission to regulate DLT.
- Providing advice and legal opinions on corporate and trust structures.
- Assisting in multi-jurisdictional financing transactions.
- Advising regulated entities on legal and regulatory developments and requirements.
When not in the office Christina enjoys keeping fit and spending time with family and friends.