2022 and all that.
The new year is well underway and Cruzlaw is at full sail with new personnel coming on board and our Founding Partner Nick already at full sail. Incase you are wondering Nick likes sailing and has insisted I put more nautical references into the news and blog. So, to the news.
At this time of year predictions are in abundance most of these below for the UK in 2022 apart from the two on brexit which seem more like the mutterings of a political hope by a retainer than reality. Yes it is possible but unlikely in the long haul. Our own Chief Minister Fabian Picardo is optimistic about Gibraltar’s chances of a deal within the next two months that will see Gibraltar and the “economic zone’ around us continue to thrive giving the area beyond our border the kind of boost they have enjoyed since the frontier opened fully. We remain hopeful the deal will be done and both sides are finally, after many years, are more secure and free movement between us and Europe will continue.
Economy predictions for the United Kingdom in 2022
Economy related predictions to impact the United Kingdom in 2022 include:
Unemployment levels rise to 5.8% in the aftermath of Brexit. Likelihood: 50%Link
A thriving virtual reality industry helps the entertainment and media sector grow by GBP 8 billion each year since 2018. Likelihood: 80%Link
The e-sports market in the UK has grown 21% each year since 2018, and the sector is now worth GBP 48 million. That makes the UK the largest e-sports market in Europe. Likelihood: 80%Link
Digital music streaming revenues are GBP 1.4 billion this year, an increase of over GBP 621,000,000 since 2018. Likelihood: 80%Link
UK entertainment and media sector to grow by £8 billion by 2022.
A ‘hard Brexit’ could end UK growth in 2022, ratings agency warns.
World predictions read more like old news and most were already news last month so hardly predictions:
- U.S. automakers agree to adopt crash-avoidance braking by 2022.Link
- 10% of the world’s population will be wearing clothes connected to the Internet.Link
- The first 3D-printed car will be in production.Link
- ESA and NASA will try to divert an asteroid out of its orbit. Link
- Compliance period for the US Clean Power Plan begins. Link
- Construction of the Large Synoptic Survey Telescope (LSST) begins in Chile. Link
- All new car models will now have automatic braking by default. Link
- Mobile payments grow to $3 trillion, a 200 fold increase from 7 years prior. Link
- The BICAR, a cross between a bicycle and electric car, becomes available for purchase Link
- Denmark begins making shifts towards cash-free societies Link
- Planes that use sunlight for fuel are used regularly. They use up to 17000 solar cells Link
- Scientists capable of replicating faces solely through DNA analysis 1,Link2
- U.S. military food researchers develop pizza that can last up to 3 years Link
- Cost of solar panels, per watt, equals 1.1 US dollars Link
- World population forecasted to reach 7,914,763,000 Link
- World sales of electric vehicles reaches 7,886,667
The one that scares me is the ESA and NASA diverting an asteroid! It is literally playing cosmic snooker and if you’ve ever seen a snooker game if two players can predict the travel of 22 snooker balls on a table with a fence to keep them in what chance with the Universe and it’s infinite “balls” bouncing around?
Happy New Year