Gerrard will be supporting Nick Cruz and has experience in a variety of areas of English law including corporate, banking, commercial, employment, property and insolvency.
Joining Cruzlaw LLP in September 2020, he moved to Gibraltar from England to continue his professional development and is enjoying working in the Gibraltar economy with its inherent strengths in finance and e-commerce. Gerrard is also knowledgeable about cryptocurrency and distributed ledger technology (“DLT”) generally, including ICOs and blockchain startup requirements. Gibraltar is spearheading growth in this area as one of the first jurisdictions to regulate cryptocurrency and DLT.
Gerrard is an English solicitor having trained and qualified with Trethowans LLP, a top 140 UK law firm. He is experienced in project management and spent six months on secondment to Meridian Corporate Finance, an award-winning independent corporate finance firm based in the South of England. Gerrard has been involved in high value transactional work as well as civil litigation across a variety of commercial matters. He has advised on contentious and non-contentious employment matters and has experience of drafting settlement agreements for vulnerable workers.
Gerrard has also undertaken complex corporate and commercial work including:
- Structuring security packages for lenders and negotiating their commerciality for borrowers;
- Representing Banks on commercial property transactions and debt finance matters;
- Acting for clients on sales and purchases of both commercial and residential property and drafts/reviews of commercial leases on behalf of landlords and tenants;
- Assisting in multi-jurisdictional finance transactions; and
- Advising regulated entities on legal and regulatory developments and requirements.
Gerrard serves as a Captain in the Army Reserve and enjoys maintaining his combat athleticism with all forms of physical training. When he isn’t working or training, Gerrard enjoys spending time with his wife and daughter.